Cold application: Freeze for at least two hours, and leave it out for 15 – 20 minutes before application. Wrap in towel before use.
- Boil approximately 4 – 5 litres of water.
- Remove pot from the stove.
- Immerse pack in water for approx. 10 minutes. Do not place water and pack back on heat.
- Remove pack from water and always wrap in towel before application.
- Flatten pack to ensure even destribution of the gel before you begin (Do not keep the pack folded in the microwave and ensure that the pack is not touching the walls inside the microwave).
- Try heating the pack 40/60 seconds (depending on the size of the pack) and wait a minute to test the heat of the pack. Do not lift with bare hands.
- Try heating in increments of 10/20 seconds. And you should be able to arrive at the approximate time required to heat the pack with your microwave.
- Once you have got the pack heated to comfortable level, wrap it in a towel and the pack is ready for use.
- Once you have arrived at the time required to heat the pack, record the time for future use.